The Metropolitan Opera, the largest performing arts organization in the United States and one of the premier opera companies in the world, seeks Director, Membership and Promotions. The Director is responsible for the broad-based fund-raising programs, including the Guild Membership program and the Metropolitan Opera Fund. He/she manages three direct reports and works with many departments to accomplish program goals.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Managing all aspects of the Guild Membership Program (45,000 members);
- Overseeing direct marketing and online activities related to acquiring, renewing and retaining Guild members, including strategic planning and analysis;
- Working closely with Telefundraising Director and staff to design, implement and evaluate calling campaigns to acquire, upgrade and renew members; managing the Metropolitan Opera Fund (MOA Fund) campaign, including telefundraising, direct mail and online programs;
- Managing Guild Membership and Metropolitan Opera Fund expense budgets; serving as liaison with customer care, e-marketing and Opera Shop staff on member and broad-based fundraising issues;
- Managing Membership and Promotions Manager, Membership Associate, and Assistant Director of Donor Information.
Qualifications include 5+ years direct response and membership experience, including experience working with mail shops, designers, writers and printers; excellent written, verbal and analytical skills; high level of proficiency with Excel, Word and Tessitura; excellent organizational, interpersonal and management skills; team player; and ability to multi-task in a very fast-paced environment. Bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years of development/CRM experience. MBA or MA preferred.
Contact the Metropolitan Opera’s search consultant: Donna Bonem Rich, CFRE at firstname.lastname@example.org.